Current Location

Stuart is currently in Paris, France

Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday April 15 – Enroute to Nagasaki


It’s been a very busy Sea Day today as I gave to two Port Lectures (one on Nagasaki, Japan, and the other on our two South Korea ports Pusan and Jeju Island). I also had “Desk Hours” for about 90 minutes where I was approached by about twenty people with their questions about our destinations. The port lectures have been very well attended, about 300 people at each of them today.


Yesterday we were in the port of Keelung, Taiwan. While it’s considered “The Gateway to Taipei,” I stayed in Keelung to roam the port, gathering more detailed information. I also went to the Miaokou Night Market, even though it was open during the day. For lunch I had a bowl of Squid and Noodle Soup. I needed to find someone to interpret my request from English to Taiwanese so I could get served. The delicious bowl was 60 Taiwanese Dollars, about $2 US.

I, too, gave in to the easy photo opportunity of the Statue of Liberty “above” the McDonald’s arches. I was surprised how busy it was in town for a Sunday afternoon. There seemed to be two types of shops open – food and clothing/accessories. 

This picture of a temple on the hill was nicely framed by trees and buildings; I took the photo from the 11th deck shortly after we pulled into port.

At dinner this evening, I saw some people who looked familiar. It was Terry and Maureen whom we met on our Barcelona-Dubai cruise in November 2011. Since they live in Victoria, BC, Canada, they are on the Millennium for three cruises: this one, the one then from Shanghai to Seward, Alaska, and then the one from Seward to Vancouver, BC, Canada. It was great to see them and chat a bit with them!



1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed your posts! Say "Hi" to Terry and Maureen! I was going to email then to see if they were going to be in Victoria when our ship stops there, I guess NOT!

    ReplyDelete