Current Location

Stuart is currently in Paris, France

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Breakfast in Hong Kong

It's amazing (not really amazing, just sad) to see Americans at breakfast in Hong Kong having scrambled eggs and bacon. Hey, folks -- you're in another country -- try their food!!!

For my breakfast, I had beef dumpling, steamed pork bun, fried rice with vegetables, something else I can't recall, along with some fresh fruit and juice. I also had some smoked salmon, capers, and onions, and a coffee. It was all very tasty.

Looking at the rain outside (it's a good thing it's not raining inside!) I'm just getting my last things together before checking out of the hotel and taking a taxi to the cruise terminal. I would take the airport express train, except the rain doesn't make for an exciting walk from the train station (okay, so I did that in Amsterdam last July!)

I spoke with one of the gents at the Reception desk this morning, a young man about 25 from Italy. I asked him how it was going for learning to speak Chinese. "No time," he said. "We work long hours, and then I just want to rest." I applaud him for at least willing to come to another country and try something new.

Okay, time to pack up.

再见 zài jiàn

Stuart

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you about trying local food! I actually found a seaweed I liked when we went toured Japan!

    ReplyDelete