Current Location

Stuart is currently in Paris, France

Friday, May 16, 2014

Writing While in Paris

It's just a little over 2½ days until we leave Boise, Idaho, to begin our two-month stay in Paris, France. Aside from the "living Parisian" daily outlook in the City of Light, I'm undertaking several writing projects. I'll have my laptop computer with me, but some of the writing will be done the really old-fashioned way -- by hand.

I will be writing articles for a couple media outlets, and those articles will be fun to develop. When you read them, I hope you'll let your friends know about them.

The development of the storyline for my fourth travel-based mystery novel Art Thefts in Paris will fun to create. We'll certainly be going in plenty of galleries and museums as part of the research.

I have a new [lined] journal for making notes each day as I formulate a book based on our experiences during our longest stay away from home. There is also a new sketch book for when I feel like making a drawing of something that fascinates me or would make a great outline for a small painting.

Speaking of painting, I've decided to not take any paints or brushes with me. If I really feel the urge to paint, I'm quite confident I can find the necessary items there.

What do you think -- are those enough writing projects to keep me busy? I certainly hope so because I also want some time where we just sit and watch -- watch people, watch birds, watch flowers, watch clouds, water water, watch nothing.

It's about time for me to start packing, so I'll go for now.

A revoir!

Stuart

2 comments:

  1. I know we really enjoyed the Orangerie museum with the Monet water lilies nymphéas murals. A smaller museum and wasn't at all crowded when we went there. The murals are breathtaking (if you like Monet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked Orangerie; in fact, we just pulled out our book on it last night from our last visit (May 2009!). Aside from the calendar when people are visiting or just in town, we don't have much planned -- yet! But the museums and art galleries will get a good amount of our time.

    ReplyDelete